Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Upcoming events

The last weekend of November three artists, including myself, at Rail Walk Studios will be having an Open Studio Sale.

 Currently I'm weaving bookmarks which will be dyed, one set in the traditional Shibori method which is by  pleating, or folding then clamping and the other set will be patterned by pulling up the pattern wefts and tying tightly to create the resist areas.

Next week I will be at a workshop to learn to make one piece felted garments and expand my techniques for artistic felted cloth.  If the weather in January stays mild I'll be able to wash & dye wools for making vests and tunics ...pictures to come.

Lastly I'm buying another loom for teaching, this will be set up in the house studio for private lessons and rental for individual pieces.  The lessons will be $20/hr plus materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment